Monday, April 10, 2006

Coach's Ear

I think Coach was on the air for a really long time. If you’re making that many episodes, one has to imagine that eventually there would be an episode that was filmed while Craig T. Nelson had a zit in his ear. I mean, everyone I know has gotten a zit in her ear at some point or another; it’s something of a shared cultural annoyance. I wonder if you can tell which episode(s) it is by how often Coach like, maybe, puts his finger in his ear while he’s trying to act. Like the aggregate Coach-finger-in-ear count could maybe be plotted as some sort of percentage of the likelihood that Coach has a zit in his ear.

I guess Coach isn’t so perfect after all.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, didn't his daughter date a mime or something?

hey chuck. it's jacob.

4/10/2006 4:42 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Hey Jacob,

Is this Jacob Young or Jacob Klein? I will go ahead and assume it is Jacob Young.

How are you Jacob? I'll see you on Saturday.

4/18/2006 1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't Coach once have an embarrassing problem with infertility, like inadequate sperm motility, or something? I did not see this episode, but remember talking about it for a long time with Kelly Crecelius and Tiffany Book in 7th grade music class (they were the coolest girls in the class). I subsequently decided to watch other episodes, but oddly, do not recall them well.

Anyway, this infertility thing would fit with the themes of bodily embarrassment and anxiety about masculinity that you have mentioned. If memory serves me, Kelly and Tiffany talked about how Christine was sensitive about Coach's condition, but also something about one of his young virile players being offered a cup to jizz in, presumably for Christine's use. Would they have alluded to something so crudely corporeal on the show? That seems like it would be a little dicey to finesse away. I guess this must have been after Coach and Christine got married (which they did, right?).

I can't believe seventh-grade girls were talking about this in front of me and other guys. And why weren't we learning about Beethoven or something? Wild times in Mr. Churchman's class.

7/10/2006 5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home