Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Heat Bowl

There was this one episode of Coach where Coach’s team was playing in some bowl game in Texas. I think it was basically just the Alamo Bowl because I remember a bunch of stock footage shots of the Alamo, but I can’t remember what the bowl was called in the episode. Whatever it was it was some easily discernable pseudonym for the Alamo Bowl. Maybe the Antonio Bowl or something? Probably if I weren’t so conditioned to remember the Alamo Bowl this would be easier to recall.

In any case, the jokes in the episode were all about how hot it was in Texas when they were getting ready for the game. These were basically corollary jokes to the ones made in that episode about the Patriot Bowl, which were all about how cold it was. I think probably they did this because they didn’t want to alienate people that live in hot places who weren't able to relate to all the cold jokes.

I think also that all of the non-football characters (Christine, Coach’s daughter, the mime, etc.) came to the bowl game with Coach for some reason. Probably they all had a lot of personal issues to work out, which made Coach’s job that much harder considering he was supposed to be getting ready for the game. I think there were probably a lot of jokes about this as well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't it the Arlington Bowl?

6/07/2006 2:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure it was the Agnostic Bowl.

7/27/2006 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home